borlandia: (tiger)
[personal profile] borlandia
Back from San Diego.

Coming back today was a drag. I was driving down PCH to get to the airport...just looking at the palm trees, the sand, the people playing in the surf...and knowing I was coming back to 40 degree weather and pounding rain, it just got me down.

My spirits were lifted when I checked into my flight. They told me it was underbooked and I could get into first class for $50 more. I was all over that. I have a 77" frame and would probably have coughed up the $50 on the extra leg room alone.

So they poured me liquor the whole flight, and it was an enjoyable experience. It was good, but not good enough that I can't go back to the cheap seats.

I had an entertaining time in SoCal. It's weird how much I enjoy going and just doing things by myself. I think having other folks around stresses me. I feel like I have to help them have a good time, find things to do, places to eat, etc that are going to please everyone. If it's just me, it's really easy to find stuff to do.

I got to see my cousin on Monday. It was typical. She spent a lot of time talking about herself. I enjoyed the company, though, and it made the day go fast. It was a nice day, too, and we spent some time outdoors.

Marathon went well. I didn't really perform as well as I thought I would...primarily because I underestimated how hard the hills would be. They felt "gentle" but they took their toll and by mile 20 I was pretty much gassed. I knew I had to take it really easy so the last 90 minutes or so were really rough. But.....I finished, and we all get the same medal. I don't have another full marathon until April so it's up to me to get better conditioned.

Worried about work tomorrow. They always pile on you the day you're back.

Date: 2019-01-27 03:00 am (UTC)
ssterchaos: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ssterchaos
I didn't realize that you were going to San Diego for a marathon. That's awesome!

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

borlandia: (Default)
borlandia

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Page generated Oct. 8th, 2026 06:46 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
July 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 2019